Welcome to the Citizen's Portal
To use this site it is recommended you use one of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or Higher
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
You will need to first register before you use this portal. If you have used this portal in the last 3 years then you can login and use your existing account details you created.
To help keep your information secure, the Portal will log you out after 20 minutes if there hasn’t been any activity in your account.
This site is unavailable each morning from 2am to 5am due to maintenance.
You can use this portal to apply for primary and secondary school places for September 2024 at a Local Authority school (see dates below):
- Secondary school admissions will open from Friday 1 September 2023 until Tuesday 31 October 2023.
- Primary schools admissions will open from Friday 1 September 2023 until Monday 15 January 2024.
Do not use this Portal to apply for private independent schools. These schools need to be approached directly.
You can also use this portal to apply to change your child's school during the school year at any time
Eligibility checks for funded Two Year Old Early Education / Childcare place
If you need assistance, please feel free to download our user guidance that explains how to complete a 2 Year Old Funding application by clicking here.
Expanded Childcare 15 hours (for working parents)
From April 2024, free childcare is being expanded for working families of younger children so they can access 15 hours per week. Eligible working parents of three and four year olds already get 30 hours a week of free childcare. This expanded offer for younger children will be rolled out in stages:
- From April 2024 - working parents of two-year olds can access 15 hours of free childcare.
- From September 2024 - working parents of children aged 9 to 23 months can access 15 hours of free childcare.
- From September 2025 - working parents of children aged nine months upwards can access 30 hours of free childcare per week, right up to their child starting school.
Applications are made via the Childcare Choices website.
Please note – applications for the expanded childcare cannot be made via the Citizen Portal.
For more information about the privacy of the information you are submitting, please consult our Privacy Notice.
By using this portal you are agreeing to provide accurate information. Any personal information you give to us will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. The Council will only use your information for the purpose of your query for Two Year Old Funding. Bolton Council is required to report any cases of fraud or suspected fraud to other Government Departments. You are also agreeing to the Terms & Conditions found at the bottom of this page.